I’ve been meaning to update the area on my page mentioning my fav foody blogs as since I’ve started blogging, I’ve come across some new & great ones. One of them being the Gluten Free Cat. Not only does Heather post great recipes, she organises one of my favourite blog hops – Raw Food Thursdays. You should check it out, it has a pile of great recipes each and every week from many different contributors.
Heather has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’m pretty psyched about it =) This award was created to help people discover some of the blogs with a smaller number of followers. When a blogger is nominated, they pass the award on to other blogs. This is a great way to share with you some of my fav blogs and we can learn about some bloggers. Thank you Heather – that made my weekend!
Here’s how it works… After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer (you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you)
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I am a closet Twilight fan (funny story – I was dead set against reading the books as they sounded really dumb and then went to the bookstore to buy a book and bought the first one of the series in French without realising it. I was halfway through it when someone pointed out to me what it was and I was hooked by that point…)
2. I am a clean freak! I like things to be clean, neat & tidy. I’m insanely organised (… most of the time) and feel a compulsive need to have my place look spotless before people come over.
3. I am a group fitness instructor at the YMCA. I teach how to shake their bums to cool music. It’s pretty awesome and I love it.
4. I am a volunteer junkie. I’m unable to work in the United States as I don’t have a work permit, so I have about 6 or so volunteer gigs on the go ranging from helping at a pet rescue to helping people learn to speak English.
5. I cannot sing. At all. But love doing it to my poor husband’s demise every time we have a road trip ;p
6. I went vegan after reading the China Study and learning about the link to consuming animal protein and cancer.
7. I first saw my husband when I was 14 years old and he was playing “Imagine” for a school function. I was so struck by him and his beautiful piano playing that I whispered in my friend’s ear that I would one day marry that man. We’ve been together for over 14 years now =)
8. My sister has always been, is and always will be my best friend.
9. I was married on June 6, 2006 at 6pm. My wedding dress was blue, we were married in an art gallery and ordered pizza for everyone for dinner.
10. I actually like cleaning. I find it therapeutic.
11. I really don’t like shopping for clothes… my husband’s clothes take up far more space than mine.
11 Questions asked:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
- When and why did you start blogging? I actually just started blogging about 6 months ago. I had been wanting a creative outlet and to share my recipes with others and my love of food =)
- What is one goal that you’ve always wanted to reach but you still haven’t? I honestly can’t think of any. Once I have something in my head, I strive to attain it and do. If I don’t reach the goal, I normally modify it to something attainable.
- What’s one restaurant where you will eat some day? Looks like Canteen in Portland later this month =)
- Who is your most memorable pet and why? A lhasa-apso puppy by the name of Furby. He was absolutely adorable and made the cutest little cooing noises I have yet to hear any other dog make.
- If you had a choice between a gift of money or an experience what would you choose? An experience for sure!!! My husband is the best at taking me on fun adventures instead of buying me gifts.
- Beach or mountain vacation? Both =)
- What snack is your guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate… yum.
- If left alone for 2 hours, all chores and work done, what would we find you doing? Reading a good book or going for a walk/run/bike ride.
- Which couple has the most inspiring love story? Hmmm… I can’t think of an answer to this one.
- If you could visit any place where would you go? Hawaii. It’s been on my list for a couple of decades now…
- What is the most unexpected event of your life so far? Seeing the person I’ve become today and the person I’m becoming. Happy & healthy =)
11 Questions for my nominated blogger friends:
- If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Your best friend is coming over for dinner, what to you make them?
- What is your go-to meal?
- If you could meet for tea with any one person in the world, who would it be?
- What is your all time favourite movie?
- Dogs or cats?
- What do you like to do to keep active?
- What has been your best experience so far?
- What is the best part about blogging?
- What is next on the horizon?
I realise I am supposed to nominate blogs with a smaller number followers… but I’m not sure how to determine this. Please do not feel offended if you have a huge number and I nominate you (I think some of you will). I’m nominating you because your blog rocks my socks =) If you already have this award or don’t feel like participating, that’s cool too! I would have more nominations, but it looks like a lot of the blogs I follow have already been nominated for this fun award.
- Sunnie over at Modern Girl Nutrition
- Julie & Katrin at the Raw Food Sisters
- Laurie at Whisking and Writing
- Cooking for Hunnybunny
- Cindy at Vegetarian Mama
- Brie over at Cometgrrl
- Eric & Jerilyn at Just Go Vegan
Have fun with this! And go check out some of this awesome blogs. Happy Monday everyone!