Thanks for all your kind words and wishes for a speedy recovery. I’m on the mend! And look forward to spending the next week catching up on all of your blogging holiday adventures =)
Ok… so I know I promised you pictures of my holiday trip back home. And pictures you will get! But before I get into that, I’d like to get a quick New Year’s post in =)
I’m not really into resolutions, but I really enjoy setting goals; small and attainable ones throughout the year. Let’s see what I had hoped for 2015:
- travel somewhere new (I’m looking at you, Texas!)
- find more ways to feel productive (maybe more of a state of mind than actual *doing* things)
- volunteer a minimum of 500 hours (looks like I came in just under 350 this year – I can do better!)
- finish projects around our apartment (decorating and cuting the place up a bit)
- start to learn Spanish!
- read more non-fiction books (recommendations welcome)
- continue to work on finding a healthy relationship with myself and learn to love my body just the way it is
Boy did I travel to new places last year! I went to a different part of Hawaii, which I’m counting as new. I ended up going to Texas and Switzerland, which was quite a surprise.
I think I still struggle with feeling productive, but it’s getting better. And I have been working more on my state of mind than doing more things.
I ended up volunteering well over 600 hours last year! Almost double what I did in 2014. I gave countless hours to the food bank (50+ in the first two weeks of December alone!), helped people dance their way to health & wellness each and every week, hung out with hospice patients and started providing bereavement support, helped grant several wishes to some cool sick kids, donated over 18 pints of blood, ran alongside some awesome visually impaired runners and started to help organize a vegan prom. This 600+ hours is taking into account that most of January, February & March off from a fractured foot and a couple of other months off for travel. Not too shabby. I am going to continue with volunteer work this year, but have actually decided to scale back a bit to focus on some other things (blogging, food photography, puppy time, learning Spanish & working on art).
I think I only have one more project left for decorating the apartment. Now it’s time to think about moving again haha ;p
I did start to learn Spanish. I spent a fair chunk of time on it last year, but not enough. I’m going to give more of an effort this year. My goal is to speak it well enough to be a Spanish Speaking Make A Wish grantor.
I read more non-fiction books, quite a bit more than the previous year, but mostly biographies. I would like to get more back into read health & nutrition books and other forms of non-fiction.
And the last goal, I made leaps and bounds on over the course of the year. I’m feeling a lot better about things, especially since finishing my treatment for Eating Disorders, but really feel like I need to do more work. This will be a continuous journey.
Here’s looking at 2016!
- travel someplace new (Nevada??)
- electronic decluttering (I’m actually getting a warning from GMail saying I’m using up too much space… yikes!)
- spend more time learning Spanish (be able to speak at least basic phrases)
- better meal planning to inevitably help with my grocery budget ;p
- spend more time on art projects
- read more non-fiction & classical books
- continue to work on finding a healthy relationship with myself and learn to love my body just the way it is ♥
Here are some highlights from 2015:
January – met family in Florida to check out the happiest place on earth!
February – worked on mending a fractured foot (ok… not the best highlight haha)
March – Hawaii Honeymoon (9 years late – better late than never!)
April – Taught my first nutrition class ( as a volunteer)
May – Vida Vegan Con in Texas (yay vegan bloggers unite!!!)
June – went home to visit the fam (O’Canada)
July 2015 – Switzerland (amazing trip!)
August – my birthday & Taylor Swift concert!
September – Terry’s parents visit (fun fam times)
October 2015 – Halloween (’nuff said)
November 2015 – Helping out with Christmas Centre
December 2015 – visit fam for a nice holiday – perfect way to end the year!
I hope you are having a wonderful New Year!
Do you have any goals or resolutions?