I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Before I share my June goals with you – let’s recap the April ones:
- 1 new dance routine
- Update my CanFit certification (I’m a group fitness instructor and need to take a course to renew my expiring certification… it’s not fun and I *always* put it off until the very last minute)
- Take an art class (I want to go from dabbling to making more of a fun hobby)
- Try meditating (I tried a couple of times last month, I would really like to do this twice a week this month, eventually a bit every day)
- Work more at taking blogpics with my camera (and eventually take better pics of food haha ;p)
- Keep finding more ways to be happy
I’m quite happy with my goals! I was pretty well on track with things. The dance routine was really fun and my dance class loved it =) I took a super boring class to get re-certified as a fitness instructor. I actually just took the test Saturday, so that was right under the wire haha ;p I enrolled in an art class at the local adult education centre and am really liking it so far =) I am not very good at it, but I’m having fun, it makes me happy and it’s something to do during he day. Well… meditating should go back on the list. I did not meditate at all this month. Oops. I have been getting better at taking blogpics on my camera, but I would still like to transition to taking all food & blogpics on the camera.
And if you saw my Happiness Challenge post – I am working at finding more ways to be happy. It is very fun =) I have to admit, it is not hard for me to think of something each and every day that makes me happy. Most days I have a hard time deciding which things of all the things that make me happy to to choose. That is definitely a good thing. And I’m reading a book about happiness written by the Dalai Lama. It focuses on the frame of mind and I’m looking forward to doing that more.
I will quickly go through my June goals before I tell you about the super secret goal I completed last month:
- 1 new dance routine (I keep getting this done at the absolute last minute, so on the goal list it stays for now)
- Keep finding ways to be happy (although this is becoming easier, it is still a challenge so I’d like to keep it on the list for now)
- Find a new volunteer gig (since getting the dog, I’ve been slacking, I’d like to pick it up more)
- More hiking!!! (’nuff said)
- Try meditating (for real this month haha)
- Try learning Spanish (this is a goal I wanted to do back in January for the year – I need to get crackin’ on this!)
- Make a scrapbook for my niece’s upcoming 5th birthday (I made her one for her first & promised to give her one on every birthday divisible by 5 after)
And now, for the super secret goal I had last month!!! I don’t really like putting fitness related goals on here so I left it off. Also, for some reason I thought I’d jinx myself if I told too many people about it (which is silly since I am not at all superstitious). But I trained for a half marathon! Not just any half marathon as I had a very specific goal time in hand. The very first time I ran a half marathon, I had this time in mind and I didn’t make it. I’ve ran 5 others since and haven’t met it. So I trained HARD. And at one point miserably thought I would not make it as I got a shin splint a 3 weeks before the race date!! Huge set back (massage and chiro once a week, every week really helped to clear it up). All my hard work payed off! I wanted to run it in 2 hours and 15 minutes. My previous record was 2 hours 18 minutes and yesterday I ran the San Francisco Diva Half Marathon in 2 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds. WOOT!!! It was an amazing feeling to cross that finish line. I started with the 10-minute mile pacer and stayed with her until the last 1.5 miles and something in me just got tired and kind of gave up. I knew I need a rest and I had to walk for just a minute or two. This was tough as I knew it might wreck my time. There had been another girl who had started with us as well and she had slowed down back a mile or so. I walked for 3 minutes and was trying so hard to get the motivation to run again and the other girl came up behind me and was so happy she caught up with me. We were dead tired, but gave each other the motivation to finish. This one’s for you Emily =)
Such a fun run! At the end they gave out tiaras, pink feather boas, roses & champagne! And the medal is super cool. I may have worn it for a few hours after the race ;p
So stick with your goals ladies! If you’ve got a tough one right now – you can do it!!!
Have a great week! See you back here with an awesome recipe Wednesday =D
Can’t get enough to rock your socks? Check out Facebook & Pinterest. Follow me on Bloglovin’.